CIT - Crack Injection (Thixotropic)
Epoxy Thixotropic Crack Injection
CHEMRITE® CIT is a thixotropic epoxy crack injection compound used to repair cracks in concrete structures. As the name states, the thixotropic properties make it the ideal compound to use when a low viscosity epoxy leaks or is difficult to restrain.
CHEMRITE® CIT can be used in high or low pressure applications. It is best suited to cracks between 1 and 3 mm (Low pressure) and 0.3 – 3 mm (High Pressure). CHEMRITE® CIT grouting compound is suitable for filling cracks down to 0.3 mm at the surface.
Benefits of CHEMRITE® CIT:
- Thixotropic properties – Only flows under pressure, reducing the risk of leaking.
- Can be used to seal wet crack (High pressure only)
- Cost effective – very soft in the uncured state and thus allows for easier installation
- High Modulus - CHEMRITE® CIT has a higher modulus than CHEMRITE® CILV
- High early strengths Features
- Deep penetrating
- Bonds to damp concrete
CHEMRITE® CIT can be used in low or high pressure applications. Typical crack injection applications include:
- Tunnel linings
- Water retaining structures
- Fractured concrete bases
- Bridge decks
- Concrete Piles
- Concrete columns